Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reflection

Two posts in one week? This must be a record for me or something, haha :)

I was just thinking about the difference between where I am now in life and, where I was a year ago. It's like night and day, black and white. The differences couldn't be any more further apart. Last year at this time I was just starting my last year of my undergraduate work. Now I'm working and not going to school. At this point I'm not really sure what direction my life is taking.

There are still some similarities between then and now. I still have great roommates (they're different then last year but still great), I still have lots of friends, & my boy situation is pretty much the same as it's been for a while (not dating anyone but want to). Here's the difference that I've found between last year and this year: I have found an inner happiness and from what people tell me it shows and radiates in my personality.

Recently, I've just been so happy with my life. I like where I'm at because I feel like I could go in a million different directions but I just have to choose which direction that is. I'm liking just working and not having to worry about a million other little things. I like being able to be a friend to people. A good friend of mine told me a month ago that he's seen me grow and change a lot over the summer. I think I've gone through some things that I have helped me learn to be happy with the circumstances that I find myself in.

Last week I was reading in 2 Nephi chapter 5 and I found a scripture that I have decided needs to be my motto in life. It's verse 27: "And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." Live after the manner of happiness!! That's the key.

I went through some hard things during the last year but I've finally learned that's okay. Sometimes that's what happens and you have to just get over it. Some circumstances require a good cry every now and then but for the most part life can be happy for the most part.

I'm just happy and I like it. I can think of a few things that would make me even happier but for now I'm content with my life being what it is. For right now I'm okay with just working and hanging out, and seeing that cute boy with the beautiful smile at work. That's enough for me. I will continue to be a happy person because Heavenly Father wants nothing more than for me to be happy and find joy in life.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, I'm impressed! With 2 things! 1: impressed with the fact that you've updated twice in a week! woo! and 2: that you have finally found happiness within yourself! :)
You rock Bri, and we love you!

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

Sorry about the previous post. I am new to this. I just want you to know that you are a joy to me.

Marnae said...

I'm so happy that you're so happy! :)