Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Friday, December 30, 2011

2 Christmases?

This year my family celebrated Christmas twice. 2 days in a row. Cool huh? With Christmas being on Sunday my family wanted to keep Christ in Christmas so on Christmas Eve we had secular Christmas and on actual Christmas day we had a more Spiritual Christmas day. Too much went on to fit it all in one post so I'll split the events up into a few different posts.

Friday was family pictures day...bleh. Not the biggest fan of taking pictures in case you couldn't tell., .  It wasn't that bad but there were some awkward moments... like the last picture we took. She put my entire family into little families. Meaning: my sister and her husband, my brother with his family, my parents together, and then there were my teenager brothers... and me... awkward.... It was like oh look at all the grown ups with their families and then there's me....singles awareness much? 


Saturday morning dawned bright and early. My family never sleeps much on Christmas, especially with little kids in the mix, haha. This year we took turns opening presents rather than everyone going at it at once so that we could all see what each other got. It was so fun to see my niece and nephew opening their presents and the joy on their faces. Let's face it. I have the cutest niece and nephew. Ever. Please see exhibit A :-) The cutest thing is how my nephew says "hi" loved it. And then there's how Sammi calls my Auntie Banana. They are my favorite people ever. 


My gifts included......

A Kindle Touch and Cover:

The most amazing smelling lotion ever. From my brother. Smells so good I want to eat it. Seriously.



As some of your are well aware, I'm slightly obsessed with Harry Potter. My brother also gave me a Golden Snitch necklace. This isn't it exactly but close enough:
2 Pampered Chef bread loaf pans
A toaster: 
I also got a new dress and shirt and 2 new sweaters. I pretty much made out like a bandit, haha. It was fun getting to hang out with the fam and play some games. I also got to see a few good friends that I haven't seen in ages. 

All in all: the Secular part of Christmas was a huge success :)


No comments: