Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crafty Time? Yes Please!!

Occasionally, I get in really crafty moods and I have this sudden urge to make something. Today was one of those days. Well, I've been planning on making it for while but I just got the last of my supplies yesterday so yes, today was one of those days.


How do you turn this? 






















Into this?


Good question! Let me know you :) In case you want to make one or just because I feel like sharing it :)


My inspiration came from a blog I found using Pinterest. Let's just say that I'm slightly addicting to pinterest. Not such a good thing. If you'd like to see the original blog go here.

So first I created my "wreath". Instead of purchasing an actual wreath at a craft store (which can be expensive!) I purchased some foam tubing from a plumbing store (thank you, Pinterest!) for only $0.90!! It was a little trick because I had to stuff the middle (it was hollow) with tissue paper so that it wouldn't bend when a created the wreath. I was worried that it wouldn't work but it worked better than I could have imagined :-) 


It took tissue paper, hot glue, & some packing tape but it came together quite nicely :-)


Next, came the task of putting the ornaments on. I didn't have traditional colors but more pastel colors but they've grown on me. It took a while to find my rhythm of how to put everything together but in the end it turned out pretty nice. 

I had some larger bulbs, medium bulbs (not many) & lots of small bulbs. As well as a few snowflakes and "Joy"s.  Here's with a few bulbs put on already:



I ended up having some extra decorations but that just means I can use them for another project of my tree next year :-) Either way, my wreath turned out so much better than I imagined. My next problem is figuring out where to store it with so little storage space...

Altogether it took foam tubing, different size Christmas ornaments, packing tape, tissue paper, and LOTS of hot glue :-) 

One more time here's the end result:




If you enjoyed my craft please, please, please take a look at this blog. She is the queen of crafts! And always creates the cutest things :-) Can't wait till next Christmas season so that I can hang up my wreath :-) Someday I will have a wreath for every season/month. So far I have a fall and Christmas wreath :-) 

3 comments:

Mrs. Darcy said...

This is SO stinking cute! You're so talented :)

Anonymous said...

SO creative :) I lack all talent in the field of crafts, and this is awesome! Nice job.

Briana said...

I'm not that talented. It was one of the easiest crafts I've done :) Just time consuming. Can't wait till next Christmas season so that I can put it out :)