Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Saturday, February 18, 2012

So this might sound a little harsh but I despise Valentine's Day. I know what you're thinking: it's because I'm single. You couldn't be more wrong. I think the idea of having a holiday that's whole purpose is to tell you that you have to express your love on a certain of the year is ridiculous.

Does all the lovey dovey couple mushyness make me want vomit? Slightly, yes. Valentine's day is just another day for me. Go to work, come home. Wake up and do it over again. So if this seems scroogy to those readers out there. But that's what I've been thinking about this week.

Do I love that my parents surprised me this week with chocolate covered strawberries at work? Yes, yes I do. But I don't think that people need a holiday to show others that they care.

No comments: