Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Wow...way too long in between posts. Maybe I'll be better next year....no promises though....

This year was the first time I've actually been able to visit my family for Thanksgiving in about 4-5 years. Way too long. It was so much fun to be able to go home and see everyone.

I was able to fly home on Wednesday (where I was stuck at the airport for 4 hours waiting for my sister to get out of school). We ran some errands for my mom and then went home. I loved being able to see my niece and nephew. They are just the cutest little kids ever!!!

Isn't he adorable?
Cutest. Niece. Ever



Cutest. Nephew. Ever.
We ate way too many desserts....
Too many pies....talk about a sugar coma
Played at the park a few times....


Jaser trying to get off the dino

Jase and Sammo
We also went black Friday shopping at Wal Mart. In Ridgecrest, Black Friday shopping isn't nearly as crazy as in other places but there were still some crazies out there haha. 2 of them are pictured below:
Jacob stole my phone and took about 40 pics before I realized what he was doing 
Let's just say we got a little bored waiting in line to get the tvs... Nicole and I ventured 2 different times into the toy section. Bad idea. Parents are crazy sometimes to get their presents. Also: Parents that bring their little kids to Black Friday shopping are insane. You're just asking for trouble if you do that.

The biggest reason why I went home for Thanksgiving was so that I could go to the Temple with my family to receive my endowment. This is something that I've been thinking about and preparing for over the last year. It was really cool to go to the LA temple because that's where I did baptisms for the dead for the first time and it's also where my little brother Jimmy went through the temple for the first time too. Here are some pics at the temple and then at dinner with every one:
Me outside the LA Temple

Los Angeles Temple

Ethan and I waiting for food. I was starving!!

Ariel and Don. Aren't they cute?

Nicole and Jase: He tries so hard to smile, haha

Dad and Zachy

Ethan, Sammi, and I

Ethan's Dinner: Check out all that meat!!!
  
We also put up the Christmas tree while I was at home:






No comments: