Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day?

For those of you who know me, you should know (shame on you if you don't) that I hate Valentine's Day. And no, it's not because I'm single. I have a legitimate reason why I don't like the "holiday". I think it's stupid that how much you love someone is measured by what you do for them on February 14th. In reality, if you really love someone you should show them that every day (not through gifts and cards and candy) but by how you treat them on a daily basis.

Well, I had kind of an interesting day. I started out the day by wanting to gag from all of the Valentine's day stuff I saw on my Instagram and Facebook feeds. Ick. Then I get the following text message from a cute boy: "Happy Valentine's Day. :-)" It kinda made my day.

Then when I got to work this is what I found:







Someone heart attacked my desk and I have no idea who. I really what to know who it was. I thought it was this one kid because he knows I hate Valentine's day but he told me it was like that when he got into work. I'll probably never know. 

Something else I got on Valentine's day was my Christmas present. My mom made a quilt but it wasn't finished at Christmas so she finished it up in January and sent to be with someone that was going into the MTC. I also didn't get it because they called me on the day they were leaving while I was at work. Luckily, I just gave them my address and they dropped the box off at my apartment because they couldn't come to work to give it to me. I love it!! It's so pretty. The picture doesn't do  it justice at all. 


No comments: