Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas and then Some

It has been a while since I last posted anything with finals and the holidays things have been really busy the last few weeks. But here it is and I hope you all enjoy reading 'bout my Christmas at home with my family.

During finals week my family drove to Provo because Sammy was getting her name and blessing on December 21st. She was so cute and sweet in her blessing dress. Actually, it was my dressing that my mom (Sammy's grandma) made for me when I was a baby. It was a really special time. Jacob got to bless his little girl in his apartment. It was really cramped in their little living room but it was such a special occasion. During that weekend I also went sledding with Jacob and two of my younger brothers and it was super fun.

The day after Sammy's blessing I drove home to Ridgecrest with the rest of my family except for Jacob and Nicole because they were going to Idaho for Christmas. It was a long drive but the roads were pretty clear. Which was really good because it didn't add any extra time to the trip.

Christmas day was pretty fun. My brothers woke me up too early of course. Maybe one day the will learn that sleeping in is a good thing. We spent the day playing games and just being together. And I ate way too much but I guess that's what happens on holidays.

I've been mostly playing games and lounging around the house doing not much of anything. I also had to do driving school because of the ticket I got back in August. It took forever!!! I did it online which was faster and cheaper then doing it at an actual school. I'm glad it's over though.

Today at church was pretty interesting. I got to see one of my good friends from when I was younger. Steven got back from his mission while I was at school this semester. It was so nice to see him and catch up a little. I can't believe it has been 2 years already!! Talk about crazy. Now I feel old......

Not much else has happened on my break but I might go out of town to do some shopping with the money I got for Christmas so we shall see if anything interesting happens. New Years Eve might be fun too. But we will see. Stay tuned for updates......

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Yay for Christmas! I'm glad you guys have played killer bunnies lots.. Jacob and I have been having fun with our expansions. Anyway can't wait for you to come back to Provo!