Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New Post...New Layout

It's been almost a month since the last time I've posted. January and the first part of February were very busy for me. But hopefully the next few weeks will be a little less busy. To celebrate a new month and a new attitude I've updated the layout of my blog. I think it's pretty and I hope everyone likes it.

Last week was super busy. I had two midterms, some papers, a class presentation, and lots of reading on top of all of that. I thought I was gonna go crazy because I really thought that I was going to fail my Sociology 310 midterm. Which would not have been good because I really need to do well in that class. I was super stressed about it because I hadn't been doing well on my quizzes and a lot of the time in class I have no idea what he's talking about and the reading is sometimes confusing. So let's just so I was starting to panic a little bit. Not good. So I ended up going to 2 study groups, a TA review session, and studying for 5+ hours on my own. After the TA review session and 1 study group I was starting to feel better about it. By Saturday afternoon when I went to take it I felt pretty good about it. I'm pretty sure I rocked that thing. Now I just have to wait for it to be graded and I'll see. Oh, and I got full points on my class presentation :) Happy Day!!

Something that I have been thinking about lately is optimism. Over the past for weeks I haven't been very optomistic about life. So a little bit ago I decided that I should stop being such a pessimist and just be a happier with life. Being optomistic is just better :) So I am trying really, really hard to make the difficult things into opportunities and not the other way around :)




Last year a good friend told me that one of the things that she liked about me was that I was always optomistic. It got me thinking about why I haven't been like that lately. The truth is simple: the adversary likes to get you were it hurts the most. For me right now that happens to be my attitude and thinking about my future. A wise person once told me that the times when we are having the most difficulties in life and feeling down and sad are usually times right before something good is going to happen to you or you are going to do something good. After hearing that I decided to just change my attitude and so far life has been better because of it. I love it when I'm a happy girl and life is just so much more beautiful :)



Along with my optomistic attitude I'm going to attempt something that is really hard that I have never done before. I'm going to run a 5k on March 13th!! I've never attempted anything like that at all. I am by no stretch of the imagination a runner. I've been going running on the track here at BYU the last month or so but I can hardly do a mile without getting tired. I can't even run a mile without stopping to walk. So that's a new goal. On March 14th you'll have to ask me how it went. Wish me luck!!



Well, those are all my thoughts and goals for right now. Life is going pretty well and I can't complain. I just have to remember to keep persepctive about life and know that things happen for the right reason and in the right time.

President Hinckley said: "We have every reason to be optimistic in this world. Tragedy is around, yes. Problems everywhere, yes. … You can’t, you don’t, build out of pessimism or cynicism. You look with optimism, work with faith, and things happen."

"Let us go forward in this glorious work. How exciting and wonderful it is. I do not know how anybody can feel gloomy for very long who is a member of this Church. Do you feel gloomy? Lift your eyes. Stand on your feet. Say a few words of appreciation and love to the Lord. Be positive. Think of what great things are occurring as the Lord brings to pass His eternal purposes. This is a day of prophecy fulfilled, … this great day in the history of this Church. This is the day which has been spoken of by those who have gone before us. Let us live worthy of our birthright. Keep the faith. Nurture your testimonies. Walk in righteousness, and the Lord will bless you and prosper you, and you will be a happy and wonderful people" (New Era, July 2001).

1 comment:

... said...

You are an inspiration! Thank you for your post, you make me want to be a better person! I am so proud of you, and you are such a great example to me. I love you dear!