Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas and a New Year

It's been a long time since I last posted! A lot has happened since then. I had my birthday so I am no officially 22. On my birthday my dad called me to tell that I'm old now. While I never thought 22 was old now I know that it is. It was almost like a normal day other then lots of people told me happy birthday. I went to see the lights on temple square with my ward. That was lots of fun but it was freezing! The day after my birthday my roommates threw me a birthday party. It was lots of fun and lots of friends came to spend some time with me. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate my birthday. I love you all and I love that you think I'm cool enough to be your friend :)

Finals came and went. Ick. Most dreaded time ever. They didn't go as well as I thought they would have but I passed all of my classes. And now I'm in my last semester of college. Scary!

For Christmas I spent it in sunny Ridgecrest, California with my family. I didn't do much of anything exciting. Just hung out with the family a lot and played games. It was nice to get away from the snow but after two weeks I was ready to come back to my friends and good ol' Provo.

A new year brings new challenges and new goals. I didn't do much for New Years Eve but I did make some resolutions that I am going to try very, very hard to stick to.
  • Attend the temple at least once a month
  • Read my scriptures more regularly
  • Eat healthier
  • Exercise at least two times a week

Those are my goals and I have been pretty good so far but it's only two weeks into January. You should ask me about it in a couple of months and we'll see where I'm at. A new year also brings new classes. I'm taking 5 classes this semester for a total of 15 credit hours. I wish I had less for my last semester but the only way to do that would be if I dropped my minor which I'm not going to do. I love my major classes that I'm taking. My minor ones are okay nothing too exciting. I'm taking SFL 334, 480, 490, Soc 310, & Soc 345. Which translates to: Adult Development and Aging, Foundations of Morals in Family Life, Advanced Human Development, Social Inquiry, & World Populations. I am learn so much in my Adult Development class and my human development class. They are so much fun and I love my teachers a lot.

My application to the Social Work program at BYU is officially finished. Now I just have to wait to see if they want me in their program. I'm pretty sure that I'll hear back from them by March. Until then I am just going to keep up on my school work and go to work. And spend time with friends and family.

I just wanted to give a little shout out to my big brother. He's probably one of the best big brothers a girl could ask for. His birthday is on Monday so I just wanted to say happy birthday. Happy Birthday, Jacob. I hope this year it's great for you :) Try not to work too hard :)

I don't have the pics from Christmas on my computer yet otherwise I'd put some here for you to see. You'll just have to enjoy the words without the pics. Have an amazing holiday weekend everyone :)

P.S. I recently got my hair cut and I love it!! It was time to chop it all off. Life is just so much better when your hair is shorter. At least in my world it is :)

No comments: