Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First Week

My first week working for APX Alarm went pretty smoothly. Nothing too exciting. Just training. I'm still in training for the next week. My favorite parts of the day is the hour when I get to Y-jack with someone and listen to the phone calls they are getting and ask questions about them if I have any. These are the best because I can see the real thing in action. Hopefully, by the end of the week I will have taken my first phone calls. The thought is a little scary but my trainer says the best thing to do is just get it over with because the sooner it's done the sooner you can improve.

I'm excited for tomorrow because in my training class we get to meet our team leads (supervisors) and find out what our schedules will be. It'll be nice to kind of know the hours that I'll be working instead of just wondering about it. I've been working the same hours all last week and this week but that's just training hours.

In other news, there are only a few weeks left until fall semester starts for those in school. It's so surreal to not be getting ready for school to start and finalizing a school schedule, buying books and supplies and all those beginning of semester things. So weird. Two things I'm looking forward to as fall gets closer: Ashley comes back from Jerusalem & Jimmy is moving to Provo!!!

I'm going home in two weeks for Ariel's wedding and I'm excited to go home and visit people I haven't seen in a while. I haven't been home since Christmas. It'll be nice to have the whole family together again so soon. As we all are getting older and going in different directions it doesn't happen very often that we are all in the same place at the same time.

Something that I'm really glad I got to do this summer was visit a lot of the temples in the surrounding areas. While the Provo Temple was closed for cleaning I had the opportunity to do baptisms in the Mt. Timp Temple, Oquirrih Mountain Temple, Jordan River Temple & Salt Lake City Temple. It was fantastic and I loved it!!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

AH, I love the temples, good for you!! We are dealing with the stress of school starting soon! Ah! Glad things are going well, thanks for the work update!

The Frederick Family said...

hi!!!! miss you! thanks for the update!