Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lately

So when I was at home in California a certain somebody told me that I needed to update my blog. So here I am.

My job is going pretty good. I like having money coming in to the bank and getting to pay tithing again. I missed getting to do that and I am so very grateful for the many blessings that I have received because of it.

A few weeks ago I finally bought a car! After 5 months having being without one after my accident I have one. It's a silver 2000 Honda Accord and I love it. The mileage on it is pretty good considering it's ten years old. When I went to get my insurance reinstated, I found out my rates are cheaper with this car then with my Hyundai. I was so excited. That right there my friends is what I call a tithing blessing. My car cost me less then my other one and my insurance is cheaper.

This last week I was in California. My little sister got married and I was a bridesmaid at her wedding. The whole family was at home for it. That's a big deal because my whole family isn't in the same place at the same time very often.

Monday night I got back in to Provo. I came back with my mom and Jimmy (little brother). Jimmy's starting BYU next week and he just moved into the dorms. I'm so excited that he's here in Provo. He's really excited to live on his own and start college.

I'm pretty sure next week will be really weird for me. BYU starts next week and it's the first time in a long time that I won't be trudging up the hill to start new classes. I used to get really excited when a new semester of classes was starting but that's not my lot in life right now. But I have work to keep me busy so hopefully I won't be too sad about not being in school.

Yesterday when I was at work I talked to this lady who was so sweet and she loved me. She said that they can never fire me because I am so sweet and helpful. It's customer like her that make it worth it to have to put up with the angry people that like to yell at me. All in all, I like my job okay and it pays the bills :)

This might be a little sad to say but I missed Provo. A lot. I was so happy to see all of my friends when i got back. Especially Ashley Martin!!! She was moved back in to my apartment when I got home. I love that girl and I hadn't seen her since the end of April. I am so very blessed to live with such an amazing girl. I learned so much from her last year and hope to continue to learn things from her this year.

Today was a good day. I bought a new dress and a new shirt for a total of $5!!! The dress was originally $60 and was on clearance for $11.80. The shirt was originally $40 and was on clearance for $4. How does that add up to $5, you might ask?? My mom gave me some Kohl's dollars (ten) and she had a 15% off coupon which brought me total down to $5.27. Love, love, love it!!!

Sorry this is kinda random and jumbled but those are my thoughts right now. I'm super excited for the coming weeks because people will have finished moving in and I can start making new friends. I love making new friends and having old friends that I haven't seen in a while come back.

There's not much else to report. I'm gonna try and be more consistent on this blog thing. But we'll see what happens :) I love my life right now and I wouldn't trade where I've been and how far I've come for anything. It's good to learn lessons and move forward in life.

Remember who you are, where you come from, and where you are going. Be good and be true.


1 comment:

Marnae said...

It's good to know you're doing so well! I'm happy about your car--and the sweet deal on new clothes! :)