Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Friday, May 20, 2011

Marriage

Today I went to Ashley Martin and Jared Jones's wedding reception. Wow they're married now. Talk about weird. There was a time when I couldn't see Jared getting married for a long time. Funny how that works out. I remember at the end of last summer Jared always complained about how much dating sucked and that it would be years before he got married. Haha, now look at him: less than a year later and he's married. On a side note, I came pretty close to catching that bouquet. Glad that I avoided that one, phew...

Ashley was my roommate for 2 years and I love her to pieces. She's one of the best roommates that I have ever had. We've been through a lot together and it was amazing to see her so happy and in love. I wasn't always the best roommate especially the first year that we lived together but Ashley put up with me anyway and I love her for it.

I met Jared last spring. There were many a time before I got my job when we had some middle of the night chit chats and frosty runs. Or random runs to Macey's for sugary treats that we shouldn't have eaten that late at night. All of this of course happened when he should have been studying. Jared was the fifth roommate of my apartment this last year. He's a great guy and will always have a special place in my heart as one of the best guys that I know.

Jared and Ashley Jones: Congratulations!! You guys are awesome!!

As I was driving home from South Jordan tonight I started thinking about the roommates I've had in the past. Pretty much all of them are married now except for a handful. It would seem that I am an expert at marrying my roommates off. Makes me kinda want to be my own roommate if that makes any sense, haha. Just kidding. I don't know what it is but it would seem that most of my roommates end up getting married shortly after we live together or get engaged while we live together. Interesting...huh?

No comments: