Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Thursday, June 2, 2011

More Work, Same Pay

So recently at work I have gotten extra busy. I haven't had to spend very much time on the phones but I'm busier than ever. The reason I'm busier is that I've been given some extra responsibilities that normally wouldn't be a part of my job but that keep me super busy.

Right now my direct supervisor is filling in with a different department because they don't have a supervisor so he doesn't have a lot of time to do his normal job. But the things that he needs to do with his team still need to be done. That's where I come in. For right now I'm basically running his team and doing a lot of the things that he would normally do. I'm not doing it alone though. I have some help so there are 2 of us running the team.

It still feels like a lot of work that I'm being asked to do for the same pay. It's kinda nice to be relied on so heavily and it's pretty cool to think that my manager has so much confidence in my ability to take care of the team. It's pretty cool but will keep my extra busy during the next couple of weeks. I was told that this is only a temporary situation and should only be for the next 2ish weeks but we'll see what happens.

1 comment: