Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Ward

I finally I am starting to like my ward...haha only took 4 months... when i moved back in April I was one of the only people that moved into my ward so I didn't really get the "welcome to the ward" feeling or anything. It was like I was just there.

Last night one boy made all the difference in my attitude toward my ward and where I live. I know what you're thinking: it always comes back to a boy. But it's true this time. Last night my roommate had 2 guys over to give her a blessing. Instead of being a hermit and staying in my room I came out to the kitchen to put away my dishes. This boy that I had seen at church but never talked to struck up a conversation with me and we just talked for a good hour. About life, dating, other random stuff. It was great. I loved it. He just made me feel welcome even though I've lived here longer than he has. Haha

Funny story: when him and his roommate were leaving I told his roommate he looked really familiar but I didn't know why...he said we'd have to figure that out. Roommate numero uno who I had the good convo with said "that's because you've seen him in your dreams." What a ham! Man, at that point I told him just to go. They were on their way out the door any way. I don't think roommate number 2 heard what was said. Hopefully not..... They both seemed like guys that I could easily be friends with. This just made me really happy since I didn't feel like I would really know anyone this year because of my work schedule. Loved it. It was great.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have had the feeling many time, coming back to Provo after being gone for the Summer. A month later, I hope things have progressed nicely for you!