Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Spa Day

A while back when I was having a meeting with my boss he suggested that I take a personal day off and do something for me so that I can just get a break and be rejuvenated so that I can be at my best in my job & be 100% at it 100% of the time. So I did and I decided that I wanted to actually DO something on my day off other than bum around my apartment. So I made an appointment at a spa. A really nice spa too.


Amara Day Spa is AMAZING. And I loved it. I am now a firm believer in taking personal days and treating yourself every once in a while. I keep telling everyone that I know to visit a spa at least once so that you can feel pampered. I felt so pampered. Especially because I was doing it all for no particular reason other than for me and to feel good about myself. 


I put a spa package that I got included an Amara Signature Pedicure, Manicure, Pumpkin Peel Exfoliant Facial, Deep Condition with Style, and a Full Makeover. If I had just gotten the facial, manicure, and pedicure it would have been totally worth it. I felt so relaxed and pampered. I'm totally hooked on the pedicure that I got and I'll probably go back for another every few months. Love, love, loved it so much!! There are not words for how amazingly nice it was to just feel so taken care of. I loved the girl that did most of my stuff and if/when I do go back I'll only see her again :)


A quote by Oscar Wilde perfectly sums up my feelings on the whole "me" day:


"I think it's very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person."  


I feel that I've mastered having alone time and learning to enjoy it. I don't need to be defined by another person. I'm just me & I'm okay with that :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Darcy said...

That sounds simply divine :)