Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Exciting News!

So, a couple of weeks ago I interviewed for an internship that would take place in the upcoming summer (I know summer's forever away but thinking about the future never hurt a girl) and I thought I did horrible in the interview. But yesterday I got an email saying that I was accepted for one of the internship positions working in the Provo area. I was so excited when I got that email and I'm still super excited. I'm going to be working on the Flourishing Families Project which is a study that looks at average families and tries to see what makes good families good families. I will mostly be collecting data and putting that information on a computer. It'll be super good experience and I'll get a chance to work in the real world. Plus it pays $200 a week.

On other fronts, I took my last test before finals come around this weekend and I did better on it then I thought I was going to do. Mostly because I did not feel motivated to study for it at all. I tried my best and I guess that proved to be enough to get me a good grade.

That's about it for now. This school week should be cake walk for me because I just have one class because of Friday classes and Thanksgiving. Yay for holidays!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

congrats on the internship! That´s really exciting. I´m sure you´ll love it and learn a ton. Looks like you´ll be staying in Provo! I told you it was the right thing to do. happy thanksgiving!