Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Recent Thoughts

I have come to the realization that I really should get more sleep. Staying up until 12:00 am or 1:00 am is really not in my best interest. Even if I am doing homework or something else that is important. Especially if I need to get up at 6:30 am or so the next morning. I am making it a personal goal this week to try and go to bed by 11:00 pm. I don't know if that will happen but I am going to try really hard to make it so.

I was really glad when Proposition 8 passed in California. The results were really close. Way too close for comfort. I was really upset when people started making petitions to reopen the voting or some nonsense like that. If it was any other thing that was being voted on people would just deal with the results. The people of California have spoken that marriage is defined as being between a man and a woman and everybody should just deal with that. The crazyness got so out of control that the LA temple had to be shut down because of all the protesters. That is just a crying shame.

On the bright side, I get to spend Thanksgiving with my cute little niece, Samantha. I'm going to Preston, Idaho with Jacob and Nicole to spend the holiday with her family and then that weekend my family from California is coming to Utah for the baby blessing of little Samantha.

Hopefully, I can get everything that I need to get done by Thanksgiving. Most of my major projects and papers are due before Thanksgiving so I pretty just have to go to class until finals and that is another story of crazyness on it's own.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Amen to paragraph number 2!!!