Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Good Week

Sometimes I get to the point where I think nothing good can come my way and then there are those weeks that are super good and it makes me love life all the more. I had one of those weeks this week.

It started out as just a typical week at work. Not good, not bad. Just normal. And then Wednesday rolled around. Wait let me back up to a week and a half ago to begin. So a few weeks ago, my supervisor told me that I was being considered for a promotion at my job. He told me just to keep that in mind during the next few weeks. Fast forward to this past Wednesday. I had a meeting with the quality support group at my work where we listened to one of my calls and talked about it. I got a lot of really positive feedback from her and she told me that I am really good at my job. So I was already on a high from that and I was really pumped by the fact that I was doing such a good job. Less than an hour later, my supervisor came over to my desk and said he needed to talk to me. He and all the other supervisors had just gotten out of a meeting. We walk off the floor and go into the conference room. He told me that "they" wanted to offer me a position as an advocate (which is a supervisor position but it's not the highest position) but he needed to know what my availability is because they need some extra help in the mornings.

I was really shocked and super excited. I told him that my availability is pretty much wide open and I can work my same shift or I can go to mornings. It doesn't matter to me. So it was official. I was becoming an advocate. I was super happy and smiley for the rest of the door. The change wasn't official yet so the only people that knew were the other supervisors and they all kept telling my congratulations. It was awesome.

I didn't think the change was going to be official until Monday but on Saturday when I went to work my supervisor said "why, hello, Miss Advocate." That weirded me out a little until I was able to read my emails. Where there was an email announcing my promotion along with some other peoples. So it was official. I also got a raise and my new role and time will start on Monday. Instead of working 12-9 pm I will be working 6 am - 3 pm. I'm super pumped and super excited.

I was so excited that on Thursday I forgot to email Mitch (supervisor of a different department) and tell him that I needed to turn down the position he had for me. I had an interview with him in January to transfer to customer marketing which basically they call people and try to get them to buy more equipment. I didn't transfer down there after my interview because a freeze was put on my department so no one could transfer out at the time. He emailed me on Friday afternoon to tell me that he got clearance that I could come down now. I felt bad because I had forgotten to email him and tell him that I won't be coming down. On Saturday I emailed him back and told him that I was offered a position as an advocate and so I was going to take that. I apologized for the short notice but there's more a need for me in my new position than going down to work for him. I thought he would understand. I thought wrong. He emailed me back almost immediately and told me that he should have informed him sooner of my decision because he had been holding a spot for me for a month and he could have filled that already. It was super rude and now I'm glad that I won't be working for him. I was really surprised.

To top off my really good week, I got to spend Friday afternoon with my sister in law and I got to play with my little niece and hold my nephew for a little while. It was a good way to spend my day off. I love them and had a good time seeing them.

Even with that negative note on Saturday it still was an awesome week. I'm super excited to start my new position even though not a lot will be different. It's a good feeling to be recognized for the good work that I have been doing and the effort that I have put into my job :)