Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Silver Linings: Weekends and Awesome Friends

So last week wasn't the greatest of weeks if you couldn't tell me from my last post but there are silver linings to all bad situations. My silver linings of this week have been the weekend and some AWESOME AMAZING friends.

Friday night I had a nice little adventure with all of the supervisors at work and our manager. It was a nice little bonding experience :) We went to eat at JCW's in American Fork and then went to the Haunted Forest. For those of you who know me you know that I can get scared pretty easily so this was quite the experience for me. I loved it even though I got freaked out. Several of the guys that I work with were highly entertained by how scared I got (Tyler Anderson and Matson Tanner to name a few).


Group Shot after dinner

Group shot before heading into the forest...

After visiting the Haunted Forest I had my doubts about parking in the underground parking lot at my apartment complex. It probably would have been awful if I had to park down there. Tyler dropped me off at work so that I could pick up my car. I went in and worked for a few hours. After working for a few hours, did I go home? No. I stayed and hung with my favorite grave yarder: David Saylor. I'm learning more and more that working at night as it's perks :) Because I came home later than normal that night there was actually a parking spot open so I didn't have to go park in the normally creepy underground lot. After that haunted forest experience it would have been even creepier.

Saturday I slept most of the day because of my late night but I still had some awesomeness to look forward to. BYU Football and Karaoke. On Wednesday David Saylor told me that I needed to come to Karaoke with him and some other people from work. So I made a compromise I went to half of the BYU game and then went late to karaoke. Loved all of it!!

BYU was playing San Jose State. The final score ended up being 29-16. Holla!! Karaoke was pretty bomb too :-) Again for those of you who know me you know that I can be on the shy side and doing things like singing in front of a crowd of people is not me. Granted more than half of the people in that room were more than a little tipsy but still. I didn't want to do it.



So because I didn't want to do it David picked a song for me. Both him and Dana said I needed to do it. I so did not want to. I got so many butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. David picked out "My Girl" by the Temptations for me. It took about an hour but I finally gave "my" selection to the DJ. I told David that I was only doing it for him and not for me. Best part of it: David, his brother, and his roommate decided they needed to be my backup singers so there were 4 of us that were up there singing that song. I loved it!!1 It was so much fun and I'm glad that I conquered my fear and did it. The last song of the night was Don't Stop Believing by Journey. It was a huge group song and it was awesome. I had so much fun last night and I so want to do it again.

My other silver linings comes from having awesome friends. The day that I said my goodbyes to my family a good friend of mine gave me some good advice. Shawnie told me that it's okay to miss them and that Christmas isn't that far away and to just pray and work. So through the last part of last week I just worked, worked, worked and then I played hard this weekend. Shawnie is always there for me with the words I need to hear or to just give me a hug.

So today I am so, so, so, so greateful for awesome friends who help me through the hard times and awesome weekends plans :-)

No comments: