Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Basketball Goals?

So earlier this week I was spazzing out and stressing over some stuff at work (surprise, surprise) and I was talking to my boss. He told me that I just needed to calm down and take things in stride. He then proceeded to shoot some baskets into a basketball hoop that we have hanging around for our March Madness Competition. He made 3 different baskets and before shooting each one made a statement that if he made the next shot then something would happen:

Basket #1: If I make this shot then we'll meet our performance goal this month - He made this shot
Basket #2: If I makes this shot then you (meaning me) will start my own department at work and become the manager of said department - He made this shot too
Basket #3: If I makes this shot then you (again meaning me) will be married in the next 12 months - you guess it, he made this shot to

So apparently I'm going to open my own department and get married this year. I thought it was kinda funny so I thought I'd share. Also, since I'm getting married I told Jordan (my boss) that he needed to find me a man to marry. He then proceeded to give me the names of 2 different people to email at work. Oh geez. Jordan's got marriage on the brain or something. Haha. 

No comments: