Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, March 31, 2013

"He is not here: for He is Risen"

I couldn't imagine a more beautiful Easter Sunday afternoon. It's been a beautiful day to reflect on the many blessings that I have. Today I had the opportunity to sing with my ward choir. We sang a song that before a few weeks ago I had never heard before. It's found in the Hymnal on page 198 "That Easter Morn". It has a beautiful message and it really made me thing of the reason behind we really celebrate Easter every year. Check it out here

Every year as I get older it seems that I get more and more excited to hear the words of modern day prophets and apostles when conference comes around twice a year. I am so excited for he upcoming conference next weekend. Downside? I have to work next Sunday so I'll have to catch up on Sunday's sessions during the week. Originally I had to work Saturday too but someone needed a trade for this last Saturday so I am lucky enough to not have to work both days of conference.

Something that I have been thinking about alot lately is Standing in Holy Places. That is this year's YM/YW theme and it's the topic that my Bishop taught on today during the third hour of church. I did a lot of thinking and standing in a holy place doesn't necessarily have to be a place. Weird I know but it's true. The more I think about standing in holy places it seems to be it's the things I'm doing with my life and the people that I choose to have in my life. Last year when I was preparing to go to the temple for the first time I realized that I had some friends that weren't the best influences in my life. They are good guys but not the kind of people I should choose to spend my time with. I stopped hanging out with them as much and I noticed a huge change in my life. The spirit was much stronger in my life and there wasn't as much negativity. I love those guys and I know I count on them if I ever need anything but it's such a testimony to me after going through that experience that I know that the people you have in your life truly can have a huge impact on the choices and decisions you make in your life and that's one of the reasons why I choose to stop being around them. I needed to do it for me. Because I needed something more and something better in my life.

This video perfectly depicts how I feel this Easter Sunday and the things that we should really celebrate. I know my Father lives and I know that it was a sacrifice what Jesus did for every person on this Earth. If you ever feel that no one understands what you have gone through or are going through. our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has been there and understands what you are going through. That is the whole purpose of the Atonement. We could never individually be perfect. That's why we have a Savior that was there to take the pain and suffering in our behalf.



No comments: