Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Retreat

2 posts in one day? What is the world coming to? Just kidding :)

I wanted to share a really amazing experience that I had last week. A couple of times a year my managers do a retreat for all of the supervisors in our department. Where we usually have lots of food, spend the entire day out of the office doing something together. Well last week we had one of those days.

We started out the day with breakfast from Einstein Bagels and some awesome words of wisdom from our fearless leaders. We attended a CLAS Ropes Course (click here if you want to know more), had lunch at Joe Vera's, and did an awesome outdoor laser tag

It was an awesome day and great to do something fun with the amazing people that I work with. But along with the fun times that were had by all I also learned a pretty awesome lesson: In life you can't do things alone. You have to rely on others to help you. Those of you that know me pretty well know that I am very independent and that I don't like to ask for help at all. But at the CLAS Ropes Course I had a very unique experience. They split us into 3 groups and my group had about 12 people including one of our managers. Our team building activity was that we had to cross the "Peanut Butter River" without touching the ground. We had raisins (aka stumps of wood) and celery (aka planks to put between the stumps) to help us get across.

We weren't allowed to talk to each other until someone picked up a tennis ball at the half way point. We also weren't allowed to cross the half way point until everyone was off the ground either on a stump or plank. Oh and did I mention that if you fell in the "river" there were consequences? Of course I would be the one that fell. So my consequence was that I had to still make it across but with the added challenge of being blind folded. Yes that's right. It was one of the most difficult things that I've ever done. I couldn't do anything by myself and I had to heavily rely on everyone around me. Let's just say that I got very close to a few guys that I work with. It was an amazing experience for me and I don't think I would have gotten as much out of the whole thing if I hadn't been blind folded. People that I didn't know so well now I do, haha.

I love my job and I love the people that I work with. Go big or go home, work hard & play hard. I also got this sweet t shirt that says "Vivint Customer Care" at the bottom and "Supervisor" on one of the sleeves. Love me some Vivint swag :)

PS: I also just hit my 3 year anniversary at Vivint on Friday. 3 years? Has it really been that long? I guess so. Here's to 3 more awesome years :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I really miss that place! Sounds like a blast. That life lesson is SO true. Sometimes my stubborn behavior seems to get in the way, but team work really is the only way ;)

Stephanie Layton said...

That's so awesome!! I'm always so jealous of people who legitimately love their jobs. It's a rare thing!! You're super lucky! :)