Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Thursday, March 26, 2009

So Cold.....

So I think I pretty much jinxed the spring weather we were having in Provo by blogging about it and changing my layout to something springy. Woe is me. The last couple of days have been miserably cold. It wouldn't be so bad if I could spend all my time in doors but I am not so lucky. Just walking to campus so I can go to class or work on some projects is almost unbearable. It is so cold!! I don't think it would be so bad if the wind would stop blowing but oh man. No cigar on that one for sure. Another thing that makes this winter weather unbearable is the fact that for the last 2 days (today and Wednesday) I got to sit outside in the freezing coldness for 2 hours. Brrrr!!! That isn't fun in case you were wondering. If you're wondering why I would torture myself that way, I was working a Choose 2 Give booth and if you want to know what that is leave me a comment and I'll get back to you. Needless to say it was not fun. Today, it seriously took me almost an hour to defrost after I did my shift at the both and let me tell you that is so not cool on any level.

So the semester is coming to a close so fast. That is both good and bad. Good because I'm ready to be done with homework, tests, and crazyness in general. Bad because I don't want to take my exams. Good because I am excited to move into my new apartment with the coolest girls ever! Bad because I don't feel any where near ready for my internship. Good because maybe with summer it will get warm, maybe. Bad because I'm losing a cool roommate who is going home for the summer.

I recently made a really major decision that I would like to inform you all about. I decided that I am going to apply to grad school so I'm going to keep going to school after I graduate with my bachelors degree next April. If I can get into the program that I want. I'm apply to get a masters in Social Work. I might by applying at 2 different universities. I was just going to apply at BYU but a good friend of mine told me how compeptive the program is: they only admit 40 students a year out of the 150-200 that apply :( Scary. So I'm thinking about applying at a CSU (California State University). Since I'm from California I wouldn't have to pay out of state tuition. That makes me sad a little. If did go back to California, I would be leaving all my awesome friends behind and I would miss my family that is here. I would miss my little niece so much!! I would miss my brother and you too, Nicole. But I don't know if that is going to happen. It's just something that is up in the air right now.

If you have any advice go ahead and leave me a comment. Life is crazy yet awesome at the same time. Until next time, have an awesome day and I hope I can make you smile.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

NOOOOOO you can't leave! I will be so sad to have one of my best friends move!! :( Oh, and as for the weather-- never, EVER move to sutheast Idaho.. the wind is way worse and way colder and a lot more often! Today I decided I can't ever go back....

Morgan LaRee said...

So it was you who made it cold! I felt so bad seeing you out there the other day! Good for you for doing it! Congratulations on the decision on grad school, I'm sure you'll be fabulous wherever you go!