Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

No Words

Someone once told me "Life sucks and then you die." Lately that is how I have been feeling. There have been a lot of things just piling up lately that are stressing me out and make me want to cry. I'm almost to the point where I just want to give up. To name a few: I have to completely rework my fall schedule because the time of one ity bity class got changed, the stress of last minute projects and looming finals are eating away at me, I don't get enough sleep, it's cold, and some other things I won't go into. It's just crazy. I don't want to sound like I'm whining but I just needed to get that out.

I was doing a reading assignment today for my Forming Marital Relationships class and I ran across something that I found interesting. "As a bride, woman is more beautiful than as a maiden; as a mother she is more beautiful than as a bride; as a wife and mother she is a good word in season, and with the years she becomes more beautiful." I think it's interesting that the world is always telling people that aging is bad and have all the surgeries and use the creams to keep yourself looking younger. That quote from Soren Kierkegaard shows that women are more beautiful with age and I really like that. Funny story: today I was sitting in the JSB before my class started and I heard this girl talking on the phone and she said "I need to hurry up and get married before I'm a junior otherwise people will think I'm wierd." I seriously wanted to smack some sense into her. There is NOTHING wrong, I repeat for emphasis, NOTHING wrong with graduating college being single. I will probably do that. Some girls are just rediculous. I'm taking Kierkegaard's view: as I age I can only become more beautiful. That goes for all the rest of you out there. You girls are amazing and you will only become more amazing and beautiful as you get older.

One last thought from my reading: "Poor man, who must go out in the world to seek a daisy such as that and yet does not find it; poor man, who at most has a notion that his neighbor grows it; happy the married man who really knows how to rejoice in his thousandfold joy. If he finds this flower somewhere else than in his own yard, this flower that--just as that century plant is remarkable for blossoming only once every 100 years--has even more seldom rarity that it blossoms every day, and does not close at night--then he has the joy of telling at home what he hasw seen out in the world..."

Take it or leave it. Those are my musing of the day. Each of you is just as rare and beautiful as that flower. You blossom every day and don't close at night and that is why we are amazing.

No comments: