Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Beginnings of April

This week has been super crazy busy for me so let me start at the beginning of the week. On April 1st (Wednesday) I presented some research that I have been working on all semester in a research conference at BYU. It was called the Student Mentored Research Conference that was funded by the Mary Lou Fulton Chair in the College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences. It was way exciting! I worked on my research with another girl in my class, Allison, and our faculty mentor was Dr. Randal Day, PhD. Who works in the SFL department at BYU. Our project was on Sibling relationships, family connectedness, and prosocial behaviors. We hypothesized that family connectedness and prosocial would positively influence sibling relationships. We found that to be correct. But we also found that family connectedness influenced sibling relationships more then prosocial behaviors. That's a synopsis of our project. The conference lasted from 9-3 but we had a break from 12-1:30 for lunch. It was way nice and catered.

This weekend was General Conference as you probably know. A friend of mine found out last weekend that I'd never been to the Conference Center for conference so I went up to Salt Lake today (Sunday). I got to sit on the ground floor for this mornings session and it was so awesome!! It was so amazing to sit in the same room with Heavenly Father's prophets. Some people say they have a hard time paying attention even in the conference center but I was riveted the whole time. It was pretty much one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I totally want to go to Salt Lake in October but we'll see.

No comments: