Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Settling in

The last 5 or so days have been quite hectic. This last weekend I moved from apartment 25 to apartment 26 so my new room looked like a bomb went off but now everything is in it's proper place. I'm excited to be in my new place. It's not that far from the old one but it will be lots of fun this summer. For some reason it's a lot easier for me to ask my new roomies to take me places then the old ones. Weird...

Today was the official start of my internship. I just helped semi-organize the office and we had a little orientation. I think tomorrow I will start trying to contact families and make appointments for interviews. It will be exciting but scary when I acutally do an interview. I'll let you know how it goes when it comes around.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) I'm going to start training for my second job doing data entry for one of my professors. Hopefully I'll be able to keep that job into the fall...we'll have to see what Dr. Walker says. Keep your fingers crossed for me though :)

I really like my life right now. Sure work is a little hard and stressful. But I like it and I really heart my roommates and I'm excited for this summer and all the things I'm going to learn. I think I'm going to experiment with some new recipes and bake some new things. I already tried something new on Sunday and it was really yummy. It was called Edith's Viva Chicken. It came out of the recipe book my mom got me from my home ward. It was so yummy! And the leftovers were/are great as well. If anyone wants to try it just let me know

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you go, girl! Sounds like you have a wonderful summer ahead.

... said...

This summer is going to be epic! I heart you too roommie!!