Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Insert Title Here

For lack of thinking of a more creative title you can make one up on your own if you are so inclined.

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. It's amazing how fast the year goes by when you keep busy doing things. With school, work, family, and friends time sure does fly. This year for Thanksgiving I spent the holiday with Jacob and Nicole at Nicole's aunt's house. So kind of my relatives but not really. There was good food and they were nice. We played some games and I learned that I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader. Sad day. Hopefully BYU doesn't find out otherwise they might kick me out :)

Thanksgiving night I stayed the night with Jacob and Nicole at their apartment so I wouldn't have to be alone at mine again. It was fun because Nicole and I spent a few hours going over black Friday ads. We got up early on Friday morning and did some Christmas shopping. I am proud to say it's almost December 1st and I am almost done with my Christmas shopping. Hooray! Now that Thanksgiving is over I decided it's time for a Christmas-themed background. :)

BYU had their final game of the season. Against Utah of course. We ended up winning 26-23 in over time. It was probably the most intense sporting event I've ever watched. Ever. It was a pretty exciting game and I'm glad I stuck around here to see it. The funny thing is normally I like the color red. I look good in the color red but there's just something about game day that makes red the most repulsive color. That just goes to show that I'm truly a cougar at heart. Go Cougars!

I'm really glad that I got to have a break from school. It was nice but I really don't want to go to class tomorrow. :/ Gotta do it though. Only a few more weeks until I can have a bigger break from school. And then on to final semester as an undergrad. Scary...

On a happier note...last Thursday marked two weeks until it's my birthday. Yay! I just need to get through the last of my assignments and then I can enjoy my birthday and then get ready for the dreaded finals.

President Thomas S. Monson said: I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey—now. (Ensign November 2008)

Good luck to everyone these last few weeks of classes and getting ready for Christmas. But always remember to "Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family."

No comments: