Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Monday, April 12, 2010

Looking Forward

Things I am looking forward to after graduation
  • time to read things that I actually want to read
  • time to attend the temple more
  • taking time to serve more
  • discovering what to do with the rest of my life
  • being a better friend
  • sunshine and blue skies of summer
  • being able to say I graduated from BYU :)
  • family picture
  • no more homework
  • not buying textbooks
  • less stress

Things I'll miss after graduating
  • pdbio, 'nuff said - I love my job & will miss it dearly
  • running into random people on campus that i haven't seen in a while
  • good friends i made at school that are now going in a million different directions
  • dressing up everyday for work - silly i know, but a girl enjoys being dressed up sometimes
  • sflsa - i learned so much from this wonderful group of people & I will miss the club tons
  • teachers & advisers that have impacted my life so much
  • free t-shirts for doing silly things
  • the police beat
  • being a college student
  • doing homework in the grass & warm sunshine
  • and many more that i can't think of right now
A friend recently recommended I read President Uchtdorf's talk from priesthood session of conference. I read it yesterday and it is amazing! I know it was given specifically for the brethren of the priesthood but I felt like it applied to my life so much.

Here is my favorite quote from it that helped me get some perspective on the trials I've been facing lately: "We must learn that the Lord's plan, our understanding comes "line up on line, precept up on precept." In short, knowledge and understanding come at the price of patience.

Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can't see the Lord's hand in our lives until long after trials have passed. Often the most difficult times of our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunity, understanding, and happiness."

1 comment:

Marnae said...

Briana! That's so exciting that you're so close to graduation!!! Congrats!!!:)