Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Post of 2011

So it's been quite a while since my last post. Sorry about that for those of you who actually read this. I don't think I've been super busy just been lazy, I think haha.

In December, I worked a lot so that I could take time off work and be home at Christmas. However, 2 weeks before Christmas I almost had a heart attack and I was super stressed. The execs at my job made some changes and in order to have any time off I would have had to used PTO or have other people cover my shifts. The problem was that I only had enough PTO for 3 days of work. One day I was out Christmas shopping and I was coming home and I was crying like I haven't cried in a long time. I was so upset because I didn't think I was going to get to go home for Christmas which really made me upset because I volunteered to work on Thanksgiving so that I could go home at Christmas. Over the next few days I calmed down because my supervisor helped me work somethings out. I was using my PTO for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of the week of Christmas and I just needed to get people to work for me on Monday and Saturday. I ended up getting all of Monday covered but not Saturday. But my supervisor was nice enough to just make my schedule "go away" for that day. I ended up getting to go home on the 18th and I came back to Provo on the 27th. It was a long time to be gone but I'm glad that I was able to spend some time with my family.

This year for New Years Eve I actually got to spend it with my friends which I was excited for because the last few ones I've been with my family and they have been kinda boring. The week of New Years Eve I worked some overtime to try and make up some of the hours at work that I had missed the previous week. I also finished Baby J's quilt (my unborn nephew). I had to work on New Years Eve but I got holiday pay and I got sent home an hourish early. So that was a nice treat. I went out to eat at Tucanos for the first time on New Years Eve with Logan, Ryley, Austin, Aaron, Zoraya, Jenny, and Elias. So good!!! I loved all the different kinds of meet. And it was nice that I got a 10% discount. Aaron was having a mocktail party at his place so I hung out there and then went to the Provo Towne Centre to watch fireworks go off at midnight. it was so cool! We were close enough that we could actually feel the vibrations of the fireworks. I've never been that close to where fireworks were being shot off before. After the fireworks I played some games with some more people and then had a sleep over at Alisha's apartment. Probably not the smartest idea because I had to work the next day and I was up until 3 am and I woke up the next morning at 7 am. Haha, oh well. That's life. New Years Eve only comes around once a year afterall.

Changes are coming for me. I've decided that come April I'm going to move to a different complex. It's time for a change. Not sure where I'm going yet but somewhere different. Maybe a little nicer, little more pricey. We'll see. Something that is also changing is my work schedule. As of Monday I am no working 12 pm-9 pm rather than 8 am -5 pm. I'm not really excited about it but you do what you gotta do to get paid. Because of my schedule I can't go to stake institute anymore so I registered for an institute at the Orem Institute of Religion. I'm going to be taking Pearl of Great Price and I'm super excited about it. I'm missing the first week of class because of work this week but hopefully it will work out okay.

I've made a few goals for 2011:
  1. Read the New Testament since that's what is being studied in Sunday school
  2. Regular scripture study and temple attendance
  3. Learn not to be jealous
  4. Be happy
  5. Find joy in the journey

1 comment:

Nicole said...

YAAAAAY!!! I'm glad you're moving ;) I think it may be time. Also, good NYs goals. Glad things are going well.. Sorry you were so stressed before Christmas :(