Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Experimental Baking

The other day I found a recipe on this blog via Pinterest that I absolutely wanted to try (it's called Cinnaburst Bread).  It looked so yummy but pretty simple to make too. The task before I could start on the en-devour was to find Cinnamon Chips. Yes that's not a typos. Cinnamon chips. They're like chocolate chips except cinnamon. 

Who knew? I had to try 4 different stores to find them. 4 stores! Wal-Mart and Macey's held no luck but then again I wasn't holding my breath on finding it there. Winco didn't have them either. My saving grace was Hilary Durrans who actually called Bosch in Orem (a home appliance & kitchen gadget store) and asked them if they carried them. So Saturday I stopped by after my eye appointment and bought some. They smell so yummy!! It was hard to not just eat them & save them for the recipe I wanted to try. 

If you know me at all you know that I love, love, love, love! homemade bread. I don't make it that often funny enough. But when I found this cinnamon breadish recipe online I just had to try it. 

Cinnaburst Bread:

Ingredients-
1 cup warm water
1 cup warm mill
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast (or 1 packet)
1/3 cup oil
1/2 tablespoon
1 egg
4 1/2 - 5 1/5 cups flour
1 cup cinnamon chips

Directions-
-Combine yeast, sugar, warm water, & warm milk. Let bubble for about 5 minutes
-Add oil & egg
-Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix & then add salt
-Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until the dough comes away from side of bowl. 
-Add cinnamon chips when dough is close to the right consistency. The dough will be very sticky but the softer the dough the lighter the bread.
-Let dough rise for 30 minutes
-Form into loaves (will make 2)
-Let use an additional 30 minutes

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes & enjoy :)

Before baking:

After baking:

The pictures aren't that great....but it turned out pretty good. It was a good experiment and I was very satisfied with the results. Pretty easy. You should try it :-) I think I'll take some to work for everyone to try. Don't you wish you were one of my co-workers? Be jealous.
 

2 comments:

Mrs. Darcy said...

Yep I'm officially jealous! That looks amazing!

Nicole said...

I definitely would rather be your sister instead of your co-worker since that means we get to be besties FOREVER! However, I am extremely jealous because I want to try the bread and guess what? There aren't any cinnamon chips in Ridgecrest (shocker, huh?!) miss you!