Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, March 25, 2012

I'm Freaking Out!!!

So I've been in this kinda internal freak out mode pretty much all weekend. It dawned on my on Thursday night will sitting in line to get into the midnight showing of the Hunger Games that I'm almost 25. The realization that I'm getting older mostly came from the fact that there were TONS of what seemed like middle school-high school age girls surrounding me. I feel so old. 25? Really? What happened and where did the time go? I don't feel like I've lived that long but apparently I have.

I also feel that I haven't done a lot of the things that I wanted to have done by this time in my life. What am I doing with my life? What's my purpose? 5 years ago if you had asked me what I would be doing in 5 years I definitely wouldn't have painted you a picture of my current life.

Help!! I'm freaking out and I don't know what to do. My life has in no way turned out the way I thought it would be. By this time I figured I would be married with a kid maybe 2. I guess that just goes to show you that the best laid plans often go awry. What do you do when you want to make a change in your life but you don't even know where to begin?

Another thought I had at Church today: I feel pretty invisible in my ward. Sad, I know. I don't like I have any friends really in my ward. Probably because for most of the last year I've spent working nights so I didn't get the opportunity to meet many people in my ward and now I just feel like I'm on the outside looking in. Sure, there are a few people I know but not well enough that I'd just pop in to see what's up like I used to do with my friends from the Villa (oh the Villa... such good memories). I have all of these emotions bottled up inside of me and I don't know what to do with them....

Again: Help! I'm freaking out!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright, girl, here's what you/we have to do. Book a random flight out of nowhere and get out of here! ;)