Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Friday, March 30, 2012

Oreo Truffles!!

I've been on this baking kick recently. On the plus side I'm not the one that eats most of what I bake. When I make something I usually end up taking it to work so that I can share it with the guys in my department. Currently, the department I work is me + 6 guys. It's lots of fun. Earlier this week I made Oreo Truffles and they were so yummy. As one co-work put it: "These are just like crack. We should have these at our job fair and people will just keep coming back for more." Haha. 


No Bake Oreo Truffles
  • 1 Package Double Stuffed Oreos
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened  (you can use as little as 4 oz but I used the whole thing)
  • Dipping chocolate
Chop Oreos up finely in a food processor.  Save some of the finely crushed Oreos for garnish later and set it aside.  You don't need too much. (I forgot to do this part...so mine had no garnish, haha)

With hands (or a spoon, I just think hands are faster), mash softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined.

Roll into 1" balls and place on a wax covered cookie sheet. Put in freezer for 15 minutes.

While balls are in freezer, melt chocolate according to directions.

Pull the Oreo Truffles out of freezer, and dip into chocolate.  Garnish with reserved Oreo crumbs before the chocolate sets up.

Let chocolate set, refrigerate and enjoy!

Crushed Oreos + Cream Cheese

Truffles - Chocolate Coating

Chocolate, yummy!

The Finished Product

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm :)