Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Friday, March 2, 2012

New Job?

Something that I don't understand that I've been seeing a lot of lately are married couples combining their facebooks into one facebook. I don't understand why this is such a trend or the reason behind it. Any insight? Anyone at all? I just think it's plain weird. Please share if you have any insights at all.

Well, it's official (as of Monday) I got the job that applied for. 2 weeks ago I had an interview for a new position at my work. I'll still be in a supervisor position just in a different capacity that will allow me to learn more about call center metrics. It will be a nice change of pace and I'm super excited for it.

It's been a little frustrating because last week my new boss wanted to offer me the job but he was holding back because he needed to wait for my current boss to give the okay for me to transfer departments. Then rumors started flying so he didn't have much choice but to talk to me. It's been frustrating because they've been going a little crazy trying to figure out how they'd replace me (apparently they need to hire 2 people to replace me, jk. That's just what someone said to me today). In essence I can't start my new job until my current position is filled.

Fortunately, a temporary solution has been found until a replacement can be hired. Yes!! So I'll start my new job Monday. Not sure what time I'll be working. It'll either by early morning (6 am ish) or mid morning (9ish). Not too sure yet thought. My new boss is out of town right now so I don't know for certain what my time frame will be. Oh, well. It's all a learning experience that I'm looking forward to :-) More details to come next week.

Funny story: when I was applying for the job my good friend, David, told me that he wanted me to get the job just so chaos would ensue because I was leaving. Oh man. There was definitely chaos and he got exactly what he wanted. There was so much panic in regards to me leaving my current position. Guess that's what happens when one person is such in integral part of the operation.

2 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Hey Briana! I love reading your blog. I don't have a joint Facebook with my husband or plan on it anytime soon, but I understand why a lot of couples choose to. Social sites like Facebook open up a lot of opportunity for socializing with people of the opposite sex that you wouldn't usually do, and people flirt a lot more freely online than in person. There is private messaging and private chat, you can get friend requests from strangers... just a bad recipe for crossing boundaries you wouldn't cross in real life. I read something last month about what % of people dealing with infidelity in marriage either found out about this infidelity through getting on their partner's Facebook, or admitting that the extramarital relationship started or crossed the line on Facebook. With a joint account you wouldn't even have to think about that kind of thing.

Instead of combining accounts, I think it's a good idea to just always make sure your spouse knows your password. It is kind of awkward to tag a friend (& thus their spouse) in a picture or write on their wall with a joint account.

Mrs. Darcy said...

Wow, you're on a roll girl! Way to go that's awesome!