Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Holidays

A perk about working with training is that I don't have to work Holidays anymore. That is really cool. No more weekends either. I don't really mind having to work either but it's been kinda nice the last few months not having to do either.

I went to California for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. The little brother got home fro his mission on Thanksgiving day. If you ask my mom, she will tell you it was the best and worst Thanksgiving she has ever had. Let me explain....originally Jimmy was supposed to get into LAX around 10 am. But because of mechanical problems with the plane he didn't get into LAX until after 2 pm and with an hour to go through Customs made for a very long day. By the time we got the message about the change in flight times we were already half way to the airport so it didn't make sense to turn around and go home. By the time we got home, it was after 8 pm. Latest Thanksgiving dinner I've ever had that's for sure.

Christmas was good. Nice and warm 60 degree weather. It was a little weird not having any little kiddos around. Christmas just isn't the same without little ones. It made me miss my niece and nephew a whole lot. I spent a lot of time with my brothers and sister, went through all of the stuff stored at my parents house so thy don't have to move as much next summer, and it was nice to skype with the missionary brother on Christmas day. 




And mom got an iPad... 
It was the last Christmas that I will spend in the place that I did most of my growing up. A little bittersweet. But I'm excited to have my parents a little closer so I won't have to go 6 months between visits. I'm planning on making one more trip to CA before they move for my sister's college graduation in June. 

No comments: