Quotes

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is BEAUTIFUL!!!" - Sophia Loren

"Come what may, and love it. I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it. As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Happiness does not depend upon what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life." -Spencer W. Kimball

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Unknown

Sunday, January 19, 2014

New Job?

Back in August or September (not sure if I blogged about this or not...) I applied and interviewed for a promotion which I didn't get. Let's just say that I was more than a little heart broken but there was nothing to do about except pick myself back up and move forward. So that's what I did. I spent some time in tears and for a while it was difficult for me to interact with the people that got the job instead of me. One of the things that got me through that time is someone that I consider one of the best friends I've ever had. He's a great guy and is always there when/if I need someone to talk to.

Eventually I came to the understanding and realization that the job I had interviewed for wasn't something I was up to. Yet. Maybe one day but right now is not that day. A few months down the road (in October) another opportunity was presented to me and I understood why the other job opportunity had exactly worked out for me. I didn't have an official interview per-say but I had several conversations with my manager and a few lead supervisors that were making a few decisions/changes on the third week of our training program (Nesting) for the department that I work in. Nesting wasn't being run or wasn't as effective as it needed to be and the powers that be wanted to but someone in charge that could "fix" things. The decision came down to me and another supervisor (one of my good friends).

It came down my director telling my manager that I was the one that needed to be hired for the job because I'm good at "fixing" things. That's kinda cool. So I got a new position and a raise towards the end of last year. It's been awesome and I've loved getting to change things up and make things better for the new hires that come through our training program. At least I hope that I'm making a difference. I love my job and I hope that things keep improving this year.

No comments: